Travel back in time to the Middle Ages and experience life at Finnesloftet and in the yard at Finnegarden.
Life at Finneslottet and Finnegarden. Demonstration of handicrafts, activities for the whole family!
– see how shoemakers, tailors, comb makers, bow makers, carpenters and many more performed their craft in the Middle Ages.
– test your archery skills with a real longbow – dress up in Middle Age clothes and visit the photographer in the attic – meet calligrapher Bas Vlam. Calligraphy is the art of writing beautifully, like the monks did in the medieval monasteries. Bas demonstrates this ancient art, and you can also try it yourself!
– play medieval games in the yard
– try to interpret runic inscriptions
– horse riding
– see medieval weapons and armour parts
13:00: Official season opening
The mayor of Voss, Hans-Erik Ringkjøb, officially opens the season!
Choral songs by Songlaget
Humorous essay by author Signe Seim
Greetings from Hordaland County and the National Trust of Norway
14:00: Join runologist Kristel Zilmer (HVL) on a rune hunt! In summer and autumn 2017 several runic inscriptions and graffiti were found in the attic. What can they tell us about how it has been used? Do not forget to bring a flashlight!
The fencing association «Fekteklubben Frie Duellister» demonstrates historical martial arts by in the yard.
Medieval café with whole grilled pork from farmhouse butcher Selheim, organic root mash and bread, and more.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest news and updates about the event!
Adults: NOK 80
Children: NOK 40
Children under the age of 3: free
Card and cash payments should be made at the ticket office/food stall.
Separate tickets for riding and activities involving leather and tin, cash payments.
Finneslottet at Voss is owned by The National Trust of Norway (Fortidsminneforeningen).